The FamilySearch Center at Temple Hill attracts visitors from all over the world that come to find information about their ancestors. The center offers free access to genealogical data for billions of deceased ancestors from around the globe.
We create inspiring experiences that bring joy to all people as they discover, gather, and connect their family–past, present, and future.
Experienced research specialists provide a personal experience to help you discover your ancestors and grow your family tree.
The Oakland FamilySearch Center is a free community resource to the Bay Area and everyone is welcome to come and use it. The best part of this service is the well-trained, kind, and helpful volunteers who are ready and eager to help you have success with your family history goals. The environment is conducive to your success with inspiring artwork, beautiful flowers, and pleasant colors.
Here is a list of things you can do at the FamilySearch Library:
- Use free, fast, and up-to-date computers and state-of-the-art software to organize and connect your family tree.
- Free access to many services and tools which you would normally pay for somewhere else. Get in-depth instruction on what these tools do and how to use them for your success.
- Search, find, and print historical documents on our high-quality printers and yes, it’s free!
- Bring your printed photos and digitize them on our high-speed scanners allowing you to share them online with family and friends, and remember, it’s free!
- Research specialists are available to assist and guide you toward success in connecting your family tree.
- Snacks are available for purchase, so you can keep fueled during your family history adventure.
- Lockers are available so you can store your personal belongings.
This is a safe place for mothers with children to bring them because we have a play area where the children can play and mom can work within eyesight and hearing range.
Coming to the FamilySearch Center will get you set up with the right online resources accounts and the right knowledge so you can have more success from home using your own computer or smartphone.
Rooms for group instruction are available. We have a private classroom for up to 50 people so you can bring your women’s group, church group, civic group or others for a fun time learning and collaborating together.
The research specialists are also very skilled at helping you set trackable goals and help you make plans on how to accomplish them.
We promise that as you learn about your ancestors, you will be blessed with a sense of fulfillment and understanding of who you are. Family history work has a refining, spiritualizing, and tempering influence on those who are engaged in it